If you have any queries about the way we use your personal information or cookies, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org .
A cookie is a text file or a piece of software that records information about your web browsing behavior. It is controlled by your browser and may contain a randomly generated unique number. You can read it, delete it or modify it.
- How to block and/or remove cookies
- What types of cookies does eiromania use?
eiromania strives continually to improve its website(s) and provide you with better service. eiromania therefore uses the different types of cookies indicated below, some of which may require the user’s prior consent (advertising-related cookies) before the cookie is installed on the user’s device.
HOW TO BLOCK AND/OR REMOVE COOKIES
On a computer
You can uninstall these cookies in two ways.
On the one hand, you can consult the cookies already installed on your terminal through the use of your browser, and delete them one by one by type of cookies as indicated in the banner or all at once.
- Apple Safari Browser: “Confidentiality” section in the « Preferences » menu, provided section for “Cookies and other data of Internet websites”.
- Google Chrome Browser: “Confidentiality” section in the « Parameters» menu, « Content Parameters» subsection, provided section for « Cookies and website data».
- Internet Explorer Browser: “Tools” menu, then “Internet Options” section, then “General” then “Browser history”, then “Parameters”, then open the “Parameters of temporary internet files and history” window, and finally, “Display files”.
- Mozilla Firefox Browser: “Tools” menu, “Options” section, “Privacy” subsection, “Delete specific cookies” functionality.
On the other hand, you can manually delete the cookies by undertaking the following steps:
- Go on your computer folder, select C: in the Windows folder
- Open the “Temporary Internet Files” folder and select all files (CTRL+A).
- Choose the “delete” option.
Furthermore, you can program your Internet browser to block or receive a warning for all installations of cookies on your terminal. The steps to follow differ for each type of browser, but you can find instructions in the “Help” section of the latter. The programming of your browser can be carried out independently on each of the terminals that you use in order to access eiromania web sites.
On a smartphone or tablet
You can uninstall these cookies according to the following methods:
- Android Browser: Open your “Home” screen, Tap your web browser icon, Tap the “Menu” button, Tap the “Settings”, Your device will either take you to a menu of available settings OR it will have one of the three following options. Tap on the option you have: Privacy & Security, Privacy, Security option Tap on “Clear Cache” ,Tap “OK” to confirm, Tap “Clear all cookie data” Tap “OK” to confirm, Click the “Home” button to go back to your “Home” Screen Restart your device by turning it off and then on again.
- Google Chrome Browser: On your browser toolbar, click “the Chrome menu” Click “More tools” and “Clear browsing data” In the box that appears, click the checkboxes for “Cookies and other site and plug-in data” and “Cached images and files.” Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose “beginning of time” to delete everything. Click “Clear browsing data”.
- Apple iOS 8: Click the “Home” button, Tap the “Settings” button, Scroll down to “Safari”, Tap on “Clear History and Website Data”. You will receive a warning message. Tap on “Clear History and Data” to confirm, Click the “Home” button to go back to your “Home” Screen, Restart your device by turning it off and then on again.
The uninstalling or the blocking of cookies used on the eiromania websites could affect, or even prevent you from using these websites.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DOES EIROMANIA USE?
Cookies may be temporary, and last only as long as your web browsing session, or persistent, and have a longer lifetime based on the lifetime set for the cookie and on your web browser settings. There are many different types of cookies, which can be divided into the four categories defined below.
Strictly necessary cookies
Strictly necessary cookies are used for the sole purpose of enabling or facilitating electronic communication and are essential for the website to function properly. Disabling them will make it very difficult to use the site and may even make it impossible to use the services provided. These cookies do not store your information once you leave the site. They can, for example, identify devices in order to route communications, to number data packets to route them in the right order, and to detect transmission errors or data losses.
Functional cookies are essential to providing an online communication service when specifically requested by the user. They provide the user with a specific functionality. When these cookies are disabled, this service cannot be provided. Functional cookies may collect personal data. Some of these cookies may store this information after your browsing session has ended, and this information may be transmitted to partners for the sole purpose of providing the necessary services. Examples include cookies that remember user preferences such as language, “user session” cookies (which identify the user when he or she browses several pages and which store data only for the duration of the browsing session), and cookies used as shopping carts.
Analytics cookies allow visitors to be recognized each time they visit a site. These cookies only store a user “identifier” (specific to each cookie) and under no circumstances are used to collect personal information about visitors. They record the pages visited, the time spent on the site and any error messages, and enable eiromania to improve the performance of its websites.
Analytics cookies may be installed and managed by partners, but eiromania limits their use to the statistical analysis requested.
Cookies used for targeted advertising and social network tracking cookies generated by social network sharing buttons
Targeting and tracking cookies enable third parties to provide services, mainly advertising, and to improve the effectiveness of such services. These cookies may remember the web pages and sites that you visit, and may collect personal data, mainly the IP address of the user’s device. The information collected may be shared with third parties.
Examples include cookies that enable advertising agencies to serve ads based on your interests as determined by how you browse eiromania website, or that limit their repetition. These cookies require your permission. In that case, a highly visible banner will appear on the first page of the site to request your consent to install these cookies.
eiromania and third-party providers, including Google, use both first-party cookies and third-party cookies to collect information and to optimize and serve ads based on visits to the site. eiromania and these providers also use these two types of cookies to determine the ratio of number of site visits to ad impressions, other uses of advertising services and the interactions with these ad impressions and these advertising services. Lastly, eiromania and these providers use these two types of cookies to remember your interests and demographic data so as to serve you targeted ads.
eiromania uses so-called social plugins (hereinafter referred to as buttons) which link to social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
When you visit our website, these buttons are disabled by default, which means they do not send any information to the social networks in question without action on your part. Before you can use these buttons, you have to click to enable them. The buttons remain enabled until you disable them again or you delete your cookies. Once they have been enabled, the system connects directly to the server of the social network selected. The content of the button is then transferred directly from the social networks to your web browser, which incorporates them into the website you are visiting.
As soon as you have enabled a button, the social network in question can collect data, irrespective of whether or not you use the button. If you are logged on to a social network, it can link your visit to this website to your user account. Visits to other eiromania websites will only be linked if you have also enabled the corresponding button on these sites.
If you are a member of a social network and you do not want it to link the data collected from your visit to our website to the information provided when you joined the network, you must log out of the social network in question before enabling the buttons.
Please note that we have no influence over the scope of data collected by the social networks through your buttons. Please refer to the data protection statement published by the social networks in question for more information about the scope and purpose of the data collection and how they process and use such data, as well as the rights and setting options to protect your privacy.
Our website uses the following social network buttons, among others:
- facebook.com, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). A list and overview of Facebook’s social plugins can be found at http://www.developers.facebook.com/plugins. For more information about Facebook’s personal data protection policy, please visit http://www.facebook.com/policy.php
You can also block Facebook’s social plugins with add-ons for your browser, for example with the “Facebook Blocker.”
This policy is effective from 30.01.2020.